University of Arizona Global Campus Announces Rio Salado Scholarship Winners
“We are pleased to award these scholarships as part of our mission to make quality college education accessible to adult learners through flexible online degree programs,” said UAGC President. Paul Pastorek noted.
Winners were honored at a ceremony held at University of Arizona Global Campus Headquarters at Chandler, AZ. Recipients shared their essays during the ceremony, with each recipient’s essay telling a unique story – of first-generation students, obstacles to overcome, pursuit of higher education, and ambitions for the future. The six winners are:
- Michael Ander, Rio Salado graduated, working as a police officer and pursuing a bachelor’s degree in social and criminal justice;
- Christopher Camacho, Rio Salado graduate, working in technology and pursuing a BS in computer software technology;
- Dyna Odyère Krigbaum, Rio Salado graduated, working in commercial real estate and pursuing a bachelor’s degree in project management;
- ryan quintana, Rio Salado graduated, working in human resources and pursuing a bachelor’s degree in human resources management;
- Julie Tiene, Rio Salado full-time staff, working in business services and pursuing an MBA;
- Heather Tyler, Rio Salado full-time staff, working in academic affairs and pursuing a Ph.D. in education
“We share our heartfelt thanks to UAGC for this scholarship program and community outreach extended to scholars from Rio SaladoMaricopa Community Colleges and other educational institutions across the country,” Rio Salado President Catherine Smith noted. “We truly appreciate our partnership with UAGC and are very proud to be part of the journey of these incredible scholars.”
The transfer partnership between UAGC and Rio Salado Started in September 2020. Scholars can pursue studies in more than 50 programs offered by UAGC, including these transfer routes from Rio Salado College at UAGC, which gives students the opportunity to earn up to 90 transfer credit hours.
About the University of Arizona Global Campus
The University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC) is an independent university that is operated in affiliation with the University of Arizona. UAGC is designed to provide flexible opportunities for hard-working students from diverse backgrounds who seek to acquire knowledge and skills that will help them achieve their life and career goals. UAGC is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and is one of the most innovative online universities in the country with around 30,000 students. UAGC offers more than 50 degrees at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels. For more information, visit uagc.edu.
On Rio Salado College
Rio Salado College is one of ten community colleges in Maricopa and one of the largest public online community colleges in the nation, serving nearly 40,000 students annually, with more than 23,000 online in 50 states and internationally. Founded in 1978 and based in Tempe, Arizona, Rio Salado offers over 600 online courses, over 135 diploma and certificate programs, and general education courses. The college also offers support for dual enrollment, military and incarcerated students and is the largest provider of adult education in Arizona.
THE SOURCE University of Arizona Global Campus